Make your own pizza topped with green peppers, mushrooms, or other vegetables.
- 1/4 mini baguette or Italian bread (split lengthwise, or 2 split English muffins)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese (part-skim, shredded)
- 1/4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms (fresh or canned, sliced)
- Vegetable toppings (other, as desired, optional)
- Italian seasoning (optional)
Toast the bread or English muffin until slightly brown.
Top bread or muffin with pizza sauce, vegetables and low-fat cheese.
Sprinkle with Italian seasonings as desired.
Return bread to toaster oven (or regular oven preheated to 350 degrees).
Heat until cheese melts.
Check out more at MyPlate.gov